Sunday, November 26, 2006

a short rebuttal (marcella sends a note of reply to her husband porphyry)


Iman Maleki, "Dizziness" (2003?)


you wrote it out in chapter and verse, line by line.

i read between the lines. i can see what you are not saying. you wish to speak with certainty, but i make you doubt, make your hand tremble. you wish to speak rationally, logically, and you hate me for filling you with passion, for finding the emotion of your words. i relativize your objectivity; i pull the ground out from under your speech. your words float about the page. i am too close? mine is a real body, and i will break through all the words you use to contain me. the page will burst from the strain. i am the interruption and i am here to stay.

-LoA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha just perfect. It could be Love itself speaking those words to her cool and rational lover. haha. Thank you for that.

Ya Haqq!

Katie said...

I WANT THAT PICTURE.
Oh my gosh, I want it on my wall. Huge.

That's me! (Well, other than the beard and stuff.)

Or are the newspapers flying because something just burned? If so, that's sad. But I see the picture and think of someone who loves to read but overwhelmed by too much reading material, too little time.

Lawrence of Arabia said...

maleki is a very strong artist and getting better all the time.

when his bandwidth is not being exceeded you can find his home page and a number of his paintings at

http://www.imanmaleki.com